So, in January, I rashly made the decision to not buy any clothes all year. I also made other resolutions, like perfecting my tumble-turn and eating more fish.
How did I do? Well, there’s good news and bad news, people.
In the bad news corner – I’m not going to lie to you. I bought clothes. So basically, I violated all my self-imposed rules.
*Hangs head in shame*
On a brighter note, though, I have become more thoughtful about what I buy, and better at PUTTING THINGS BACK ON RAILS and giving myself a stern talking to. A jumper from Monsoon went back, as did a beautiful dress from New Look which I found in my local chaz shop.
And 90% of the time, I have refrained from purchasing. But once in a while the weather, or my need to get dressed, got the better of me.
So in total I’ve bought one thermal top and a pair of snowboots (both on sale, both bought in January when it snowed.)
In March, I couldn’t resist Warehouse’s Lurex Tweed jacket, £46, and knew it would be perfect for meetings and interviews. You have to speculate to accumulate, I practically shouted to my crumbling resolutions as I whisked it off to the till. Here it is online:
Here it is on me:
I’ve bought one piddling little H&M top from my local charity shop for £3.50.
so in total, that’s four items, over 12 WEEKS. That’s good, for me.
How have I got on with my other resolutions?
Let’s have a think:-
. I will find another hairstyle to add to my repertoire of ‘up’ and ‘down’. BIG FAIL.
2. I will perfect a tumble-turn. SUCCEEDED! I now find swimming the ‘boring bit’ between tumble-turns, that’s how much I love them.
3. Oh yes – bread. I will make bread. I MADE BREAD ONCE OR TWICE, THEN MY HUSBAND GOT INVOLVED, AND HE HAS BECOME OUR RESIDENT BREAD MAKER. THIS IS A HUGE WIN.
5. Speaking of food – I will eat more fish. FAIL. It’s all about cheese, bread, and pulses.
6. I will find a few more musicals to add to my collection. SUCCESS! ‘BEDKNOBS AND BROOMSTICKS’ AND ‘SINGING IN THE RAIN’.
7. I will wean myself off cheap hair dye kits. I can’t even talk about my hair. It’s like a neglected plant.
But it has been a good few months. Husband got a new job, P. started walking, and I discovered sweet-peas. Blog-wise, it was all about Alain Gree, Julie Goodyear, Whistles, and the wonderful ladies of Advanced Style. I made friends with some great bloggers – Kat, Hayley, and SJ, whose blogs are all brilliant. I also discovered Eeeh Bah Mum and Not Dressed as Lamb.
Why not pay them a visit and say hello?
How about you? What have been your highlights of the first quarter of 2013? Best bits so far, in a nutshell? Tell.